WP Sidebar Area

Home Forums WordPress WP Sidebar Area

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elena and anyone else who might be reading. Elena, I don’t think you use a right hand column do you? My WP site has two columns, main content and a right side area. I have put a Black Studio TinyMCE widget in that area. Its just a WYSIWYG editor. Im not putting latest posts or anything there yet cos I don’t have any. Does this sound about right? I’ve added some photos and some text. Know this sounds daft but just want to check. A while ago, the widgets wouldn’t click and drag over to the right hand side. I deleted two plugins and they still wouldn’t drag and drop. Not sure what I did but they are working now.

Elena
    Keymaster

Elena, I don’t think you use a right hand column do you?

I do, you can see it to the right πŸ˜‰ Did you mean left?

I didn’t understand the question. You are not seeing your widgets?

Elena
    Keymaster

Oops I was talking about another site. So those content boxes on the right here>>>>>

Are they widgets? I think you use CSS for this site? Or do you use WP to drag and drop widgets over to the right?

In my widget section in WP I have search, pages, latest posts etc etc. Can I ask how did you get the name.com box in your right column? Is that a widget and if so is it just a WYSIWYG editor?

Widgets are confusing me at the moment!

Elena
    Keymaster

No need for CSS, just go to Appearance –> Widgets and see what you have there. You will have choice of widgets that you can drag and drop to your sidebars. If it’s something that needs code, you should drag widget that says TEXT and then paste your code inside that widget and it will display on your sidebar as an ad or FB like box, or whatever you wanted it to be. That’s how I got Name.com box.

I use sidebars on all my sites. It’s only homepage that doesn’t have it. Are you very sure that you are looking on my site? Let me put it that way. There is a little hamster on my homepage right now . Do you see it? πŸ˜‰

Elena
    Keymaster

Aha yes I do. Just clicked through and saw the right hand column! Ok yes, I just wanted confirmation really. I know it sounds daft but I was thinking there might be a different way that other people used, but I’m doing it right.

Elena
    Keymaster

The layout inside with city background is Genesis Metro, the black and blue on homepage and some other pages is Brave from Themeforest. Despite Brave is just HTML and Genesis Metro is WordPress, Genesis loads so much faster! Really love it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WP Sidebar Area’ is closed to new replies.