Using blog as home page

Home Forums WordPress Using blog as home page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elena,
    hope you are well. being a well i have been to your website. Please i need help..I am trying to set my blog page as home page on wordpress but when i change under reading settings..it doesn’t change… please help.
    Thanks
    Iyatuntun

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Iyatutun, long time no see! 😀

Just go to your Settins ==> General and make sure your Latest Blog posts are checked (not static page).

If this is not enough, the issue might be in your theme. In some themes you need to create a new page for blog and make sure to choose special blog layout when you are creating it and then set it as homepage with static checked. Try the first method first though.

What theme are you using?

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elena,
    Yes that’s exactly what i did but doesn’t work..and I did create a new page for blog but it has blog.html..could that be why.

Would try second method again.

I use the executive pro theme.

Thanks!

Elena
    Keymaster

No .html at the end doesn’t affect this. I have one like that (not homepage though) and it works great.

What do you mean it doesn’t work? What are you seeing?

What are you using posts or pages? If you are using pages, did you install RSS includes pages plugin? If you are using pages without this plugin your blog will not show pages. This could be the reason too.

Other than that Studiopress have very good support so if you find nothing works you can contact them and they will assist you.

Elena
    Keymaster

i mean it is still showing the home page instead of the blog page..ok i will investigate some more thanks!

Elena
    Keymaster

Sometimes in some themes there is also a special homepage layout. If you assign this layout to any page it will insist on showing as homepage. If this is your case, try changing your old homepage layout, then try the two ways we discussed above.

I have one Genesis theme (Metro) and there homepage is controlled by widgets. They add special widgets in widget area and you add there whatever you want to appear on homepage. As long as you have any text in these special homepage widgets, you will have static homepage and nothing will work.

If you followed my tutorials, I don’t think you used widgets though. Or maybe you did for better looking site. Whatever it was, there is a solution.

It is hard to give a definite answer, because every theme is different. Theme coders often stray away from standard to offer you more features so you probably need to consult Studiopress on this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Using blog as home page’ is closed to new replies.