Successful move

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

I just wanted to give some feedback, now that I moved my site away from SBI.

With Elena’s advice and the tutorials here on her site I was able to move my website smoothly to another host, without any downtime.

I would like to say a big Thank You to you, Elena, because you showed me how simple this is if you follow the whole process step-by-step through.

The next step for me is to convert my site to WordPress to improve its functionality and to make my life easier 🙂

Thank you for your time and excellent advice, Elena!

Elena
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for this! Posts like this make me really happy 🙂

I am glad you are doing ok. I just received a confirmation that my domain was successfully transferred so tomorrow there will be domain registrar tutorial. It was so much faster than I expected!

If you need anything just post here 😀

Elena
    Keymaster

Awesome… I’m working on mine now!

Elena
    Keymaster

I am working on mine too right now.

Elena
    Keymaster

I would like to thank Elena for her tips and advice on how to transfer my SBI website to WordPress.

There are many more pages to go and a lot more to learn. But I have successfully updated a few pages and I am happy with my progress.

To everyone who is wondering whether it is easy, the answer is No. But, getting started with SBI was also difficult and tedious especially if you were like me who had no experience and knowledge on how to build a website.

My advice to those who are thinking about transferring their websites is to ask yourself, What is there to lose? What would I gain?” Then get rid of your fears and be willing to make mistakes and to learn new things.

Best of luck to everybody.

Elena
    Keymaster

Thanks for kind words Mae. I am glad you find this helpful. I really appreciate that you take time to post this here. I will stick this thread to front so others can see it’s doable!

😀

Elena
    Keymaster

I will be coming back to your site and this forum for more tips and advice. And will probably help out to answer questions if I know the answers.

Elena
    Keymaster

Little Update:

Today I moved my second sbi site successfully out and cancelled finally my sbi account.
    What can I say?

This second time I was able to move my site within 3 days from start to finish, even domain transfer is already initiated.

I only needed to contact sbi support ONCE!!! in order to unlock ny domain. (Last time it was an ordeal of 3 – 4 times emailing back and forth..).

I feel so freed up, can again breathe through… unbelieveable how good this feels.

Elena, I found the Sucker buy it forum, contacted Kristi and the admin at the forum via their contact forms as I would like to join, but they never got back to me.

Any tips on how I can get registered there? I would need this venting area so much to restore my psychic health…

Thanks again for your wonderful tutorials, they make life so much easier 🙂

Elena
    Keymaster

Great to hear from you again! 😀

Congratulations!!! It has been more than a year since I left SBI and my SBI memories are gradually fading. Just today I was looking at my site and thinking how easy and pleasant my work has become. WordPress arranges everything so nicely by tags and categories, I have reliable email, I have thumbnails done automatically and all kind of SEO and design options. I can’t believe I ever did all this manually!!! I have recovered from Panda and things look good again.

Regarding suckers forum I know they accept with no problems as long as you tell them who you are and show your sites. They won’t disclose them in public but they need to verify who you are to accept you in private area. Maybe Kristi has missed your email, try sending it again.

Wish you good luck and see you at Suckers!

😀

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Elena.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi too just wanted to stop by and say thanks for helping so much with the big move! Been meaning to do so for ages now.

Moving away from SBI was not easy, but once I got over the inertia and just got it done with I never looked back. Traffic is on the rise and I’m discovering that blogging is so much more fun. And I’m really enjoying using WordPress!

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi onthefence,

great to hear from you again. Glad things are working for you and yes, WordPress is amazing!

Thanks for stopping by!

Elena:)

Elena
    Keymaster

I have just transferred domain away from sitesell. Although I also see that they have now gotten an integrated wordpress plugin (in the last day or two).

I unfortunately messed up and paid for another month as the sitesell registrar has changed policies, which meant that all their domain passwords had to be changed (I thought I couldn’t access as gone past the monthly due date).
    So, take note, you will need to request change password from screen that pops up, when changing domain (obviously after domain unlocked).

I would not hesitate to recommend Elena’s tutorial for moving to WP… you could always use the WP plugin for sitesell if you now want.
    I must confess, I have been finding wordpress more adaptable (also a learning curve), but for video;s , forums etc. easier to put into one platform.

Elena has been a big help. Not only in the actual tutorial, also in the dept of making you realise that you “can” actually accomplish a move mostly on your own.

So, big thank you to Elena!
    and for all the time that you have obviously put into the instructions, another big thank you.

Site is up and domain transferred… now I can begin working again (next up ssl certificate).

Thank you Elena…. Kenny

Elena
    Keymaster

Thanks for kind words and tips, Kenny 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Successful move’ is closed to new replies.