Site Title vs Homepage Title – What’s the difference????

Home Forums Help with Moving from Site Build It! Site Title vs Homepage Title – What’s the difference????

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elana – I’m on step #5 and I am not understanding the difference between Site Title and Homepage Title.

Is “Site Title” the URL?

My home page URL is: http://www.hotcakehouse.com

“Page title” on my home page is: Original Hotcake House, Hot Cake House, Portland’s Best Breakfast

These same words (Original Hotcake House, Hot Cake House, Portland’s Best Breakfast) are also my keywords for my home page.

—Here’s copy of your instructions—

What is the difference between “Site Title” in Settings and homepage title?

WordPress allows you to have different site title and homepage title. While in most SBI! websites these two are the same, I also saw quite a few SBI! sites where site title and homepage title are different. You set site title during installation process, but if you need to edit it you can do so via Settings –> General. Please make sure your site title is EXACTLY same as in your SBI! site.

Homepage title is set when you create homepage by filling title field. This is what you’ll get in h1 tags for your homepage.

If both are the same, simply make sure to keep them same.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Lovely,

looking at your site, your site’s homepage title is:

“The Original Hotcake House Open 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week”

and your site’s title is:

“Original Hotcake House, Hot Cake House, Portlands Best Breakfast”

Just keep them same as in your original version. Site title is set via Settings –> General, homepage when you create homepage itself 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Elena.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Elena,

I’m afraid I have the same question as Lovely for my site: http://www.junedarville.com

Can you help me?

Thx

June

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi June,

Your “Site Title” (the one you set via settings) should be this:

Simple. Good. Tasty. Yummy recipes for passionate foodies.

As for your page title, it first seemed you didn’t have one BUT after looking at source code I found that you have one in white on white which is

Simple. Good. Tasty. Good recipes.

It is in h2 tags, not h1 but it looks like you meant it to be page title. I would set that as page title for homepage.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Elena.

Elena
    Keymaster

Thank you Elena for your answer. I will look into it!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Site Title vs Homepage Title – What’s the difference????’ is closed to new replies.