Need to Use Uploader for Images?

Home Forums Help with Moving from Site Build It! Need to Use Uploader for Images?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

Hello Elena,

I have a question about uploading images. The sbi to wp tutorial says that you need to upload images through the wp uploader.

Ideally I’d like to leave them in the image folder so the images stay indexed in google without having to be re-indexed in the new wp upload folder.

Is there a disadvantage to keeping those image links on each page pointing to the image folder and just moving the full folder over to the new host?

Thanks
    Eric

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

you certainly can keep your images in image folder. To do that, you would need to download your image folders from your live SBI! site and upload to your new host using FTP. Once you do that, you can just copy over images and paste into your WordPress without actually uploading it there.

The reason why I didn’t include this in the tutorial is:

1. Most people who use my WordPress tutorial usually don’t want to use FTP.

2. Image folders copied from SBI! site will not be a part of your WordPress site. They will display just fine, but technically they are separate. There is no problem with that as long as you remember about it at all times, especially when you move your site around.

Elena
    Keymaster

Got it. Thanks Elena!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Need to Use Uploader for Images?’ is closed to new replies.