How to integrate SBI (by Sitesell) Navigation into WordPress

Home Forums Help with Moving from Site Build It! How to integrate SBI (by Sitesell) Navigation into WordPress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

SBI recommends having tier 2 and tier 3 pages. My site, http://www.ultimatesongwriting.com/, when it was an SBI site had about 23 tier two pages linking to tier 3s. Now that this site has been moved away from Sitesell what is the best way to integrate navigation into WordPress? Should tier 2 links be left in the right sidebar as they are right now? Or, should they be (gotten rid of and) added as sub-items in menu. Thanks a lot.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

it doesn’t matter whether they are in left or right sidebars. I am not sure whether sublinks in menu are treated same as normal links SEO-wise. It probably doesn’t matter either but I try to avoid having many sublinks or having important pages in sublinks. (This site is an exception because it’s not SEO-optimized or keyword based site).

When it comes to SEO, the simpler, the better. Anything hidden is not a good idea in general, including tabs and probably sublinks.

Elena
    Keymaster

Thanks for your response, Elena. Appreciated. It helped. I’ll add a few items to menu as I see fit and leave sidebar intact. Hopefully others learn from this.

Also, I will look around to see what others are doing and see what can work for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How to integrate SBI (by Sitesell) Navigation into WordPress’ is closed to new replies.