Homepage url and C2 pages

Home Forums Help with Moving from Site Build It! Homepage url and C2 pages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elena,

I just wanted to double check what my homepage url is supposed to be. If you recall my site name and my SBI homepage title are different and you suggested that I created a page using the page title of my SBI homepage and then later set it as homepage. So, if I’m understanding this right my url for my homepage will not contain index.html. Is that right?

I am also wondering about C2 pages. I think one of the problems I had with Panda was with my C2 pages. I had a lot of product reviews on my site and I’m thinking that maybe most were not long enough. How would you suggest I handle all these C2 pages?

Thanks,
    Pamela

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Pamela,

you should enter whatever you have in h1 tags on your SBI site as page title, then edit URL to index.html and set is homepage. As for site title, you should set it in Settings ==> General. If it’s different from your h1 on homepage, then it should be different there too. This will keep things exactly same.

C2 pages are transferred just like any other page, no difference. That is if you actually want them. Other than that, WordPress allows you to do about anything you might want to do, including setting them to noindex. I am not sure what is the best way to handle them Panda-wise though.

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Elena,

I apologize for being hung up on this. The part that’s confusing me is how to add index.html. Below is my h1 title with index added. Is this how it should look?

so-youre-interested-in-natural-living-index.html

Thanks again,
    Pamela

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi Pamela,

no it should be simply index.html

There is an Edit option, you can delete so-youre-interested-in-natural-living- part (which is created automatically because it’s your title) and enter index instead. .html part is added automatically by plugin. So you end up with index.html

Once you set it as homepage it will disappear but if someone enters yoursite.com/index.html it will be redirected to yoursite.com, which is just perfect.

Elena
    Keymaster

Geez!! I get it finally and so simple. I’m embarrassed. Thanks so much for your help Elena.

Pamela

Elena
    Keymaster

No problem Pamela 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Homepage url and C2 pages’ is closed to new replies.