Callout Boxes

Home Forums WordPress Callout Boxes

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elena 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Elena
    Keymaster

How would I add a callout box to a page in WordPress? I know the HTML code but I want to keep my code as clean as possible. Can I build a widget for a calloutbox? Thankyou. 😀

Elena
    Keymaster

It depends. In general you shouldn’t mess with HTML or CSS in WordPress. Did you try to look for plugin that does what you want to do?

Elena
    Keymaster

Not yet, but will do sometime today. Headways do plugins too but Id rather stick to WP’s own I think. Just in case I decide to change my theme at any point in the future. I could add the text to an image but I want the search engines to read the text, so will look at plugins now. Ive got a thing about callout boxes! :mrgreen:

Elena
    Keymaster

Hi, Paddles.
    Check out AJ Clarke’s Symple Shortcodes Plugin [sic] – it allows you to create nifty callout boxes (it’s not on the demo page) just by clicking on the Symple Shortcodes TinyMCE button in WordPress Visual Editor and by selecting Elements > Callout… Then you just need to adjust the shortcode a bit and you’re happy to go…
    Check it out, it’s free and theme independent!

Symple Shortcodes Plugin

Here is a demo/download link to this awesome Symple Shortcodes Plugin. Go check it out!

Elena
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing stewwwie and welcome to WD 😀

Elena

Elena
    Keymaster

Happy to join, Elena!

Elena
    Keymaster

I don’t see any link… Weird, looks like a bug. Perhaps you could try again? Normally people were able to post links here, but sometimes updates change things without you being aware.

Elena
    Keymaster

There is this link button, maybe it works if you use that button.

Elena
    Keymaster

Check out bottom of my original post, you’ll see it straight away 🙂

Elena
    Keymaster

ah ok! I just don’t want people to think that I am deleting links to resources…lol When I approve your original post it appears edited by me but it’s only because I approved it. Now I understand 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Callout Boxes’ is closed to new replies.